Thursday, October 29, 2009

One Week Out

My intention was to start this particular blog at the beginning of my weight loss surgery (WLS) journey. Obviously that didn't happen. Then I decided I wanted an account from post-surgery day 1 and beyond. Well, today is post-surgery day 7 and I'm just now getting around to it. Slacker? Yes. But...I had good intentions. Better late than never, right? Well-I'll sum it up as quickly as I can. My surgery was 10-22-09 at 730am. Roux-en-Y-Gastric Bypass.

Day of Surgery (Pre-surgery)-Holy crap! What am I getting ready to do to myself?
Day of Surgery (Post surgery)-Holy crap! What did I just do to myself?
POD #1-This hurts like Hell!
POD #2-It's a little better-but I feel like I did 1000 crunches. Time to go home.
POD #3-Why am I so nauseous?? *insert slight freak out here*
POD #4-Not quite ready to sleep in bed...hellllooooo recliner!
POD #5-Pain meds taste so bad I'll never take them again. Feeling pretty good!
POD #6-NO PAIN TODAY! But I'm so freakin' sick of soup. Tomato freakin' soup.

That brings us to today! POD #7 (That's post-op day #...). I feel grrrreat. I actually slept in bed last night. Only issue is I'm so nauseous every morning when I get up. It's a mystery, me thinks. I have my 1 week follow up appt tomorrow morning, so I'll ask about it-though I'm sure it's par for the course. I've got my bottles (literally) of vitamins lined up to take with me to the nutritionist tomorrow. My incisions are healing well, belly's still a little bloated but going down each day, and I'm increasing my volume of fluid intake each day. Life. Is. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment